This workshop is for all those who want to explore, play and experience the art of reciting poetry.
You can work with your own text, or with a text that you have not written yourself. We will try to get closer to the performance, to your poetic voice and, if you’re up for it, you’ll also be able to go up on stage at Sitges Queer Fest and experience the tour we’ll be doing.
Workshop with 3 different blocks.
1. First block: the poem as a principle of creation.
– selection of the poem (your own or not)
– first reading of the poem.
– basic analysis of the poem.
– search for the structure: beginning, development, end.
– search for different rhythms in the poem.
– search for different nuances in the poem.
2. Second block: from the word to the stage.
– the theatricality and musicality of the poem.
– corporal expression, gesture and movement.
– resonators of the voice.
– handling of space.
– the performance of oral poetry: 50% poetry/50% interpretation.
– your poetic voice.
3. Third block: recite with your voice in front of an audience (optional):
– we will have a space to recite in case you want to experience what you
you want to experience what you have seen in the workshop in front of an audience.
Reduced price workshop, subsidised by Colors Sitges Link.